In the civil division, our team combines comprehensive knowledge with powerful software in order to provide cost-effective and innovative solutions.
We incorporate the latest technologies and products in the industry in order to achieve the optimum results and ensure our designs remain exemplary.
Our projects range between housing developments to large-scale land developments.
The services we provide include:
- Stormwater management plans including Retention/infiltration and Onsite Detention Systems
- Water Sensitive Urban Design (WSUD)
- Public domain civil works design including but not limited to road widening, footpath and vehicular crossing
- Sub-Divisions and land developments civil works design
- Road Design
- Erosion and Sediment Control plans
- Work As Executed (WAE)
- Flood risk management plans/reports
Our shoring division works closely with our Geotechnical Engineers to accurately analyse different site and geotechnical conditions.
Due to our close collaboration with geotechnical teams and the utilisation of advanced geotechnical software, we ensure precise analysis to provide optimal, practical and safe designs for simple to complex excavations and geotechnical scenarios.
- FEM analysis using WALLAP and Plaxis
- Soldier pile design
- Contiguous wall system
- Watertight secant walls
- CSM walls
- Shotcrete wall design
- Foundation pile design
- Retaining wall solutions
- Our shoring designs comply with the RMS, Rail Corp & Sydney Water requirements
In the structural division, we have equipped our team with the most advanced modelling and analysis software. Combining technology and our experience, we provide our clients with practical cost-effective solutions that meet design requirements.
- Luxury buildings
- Multi-storey buildings
- Mixed use commercial developments
- Alterations & Additions
- Tilt up panels
- Precast structures
- Steel/Concrete tanks
- Dilapidation inspections/reports
- Site inspections
- Strata report
- Peer review
- Value engineering
- Expert report
- Project supervision
Our team of expert engineers have extensive experience in the temporary works field and are skilled in designing and inspecting temporary works for residential, commercial and infrastructures projects.
Using FEM modelling allows us to thoroughly investigate the structural behavior of the temporary structure and to provide an efficient design.
- Crane pad footings
- Falsework for buildings
- Formwork design for buildings
- Formwork design for bridge elements
- Customised formwork design
- Working platforms
BUILDING INFORMATION MANAGEMENT
At SSA, quality is a priority. We have developed our documentation management system on a BIM basis, using REVIT as our central BIM system; our documentation is based on 3D modelling of the project. The ability to virtually construct a building allows us to eliminate the risk of common mistakes that occur in traditional 2D drafting software, such as AutoCAD.
Our BIM process ensures projects are delivered precisely with a high quality.
- 3D modelling of structural and building services elements
- Bi-directional linking between Architecture, Structure and Services models
- Clash detection
- Utilizing visualisation to refine the design
- BIM Integrated structural and services documentation
- Accurate construction modelling and as-built documentation